Public Computers and WiFi
The library offers Internet and word processing access to patrons. Please see the Computer Use & Internet/Wireless Policy. Adults who register to use the computers must agree to comply with policies.
A parent or legal guardian must be present to co-sign the library agreement allowing a child or teen (under age 16) to use the computers. A parent or guardian who has signed the agreement must accompany children under 9.
Patrons must present a valid library card, with fines under $10, prior to using the computer. Internet and word processing sessions are 60 minutes. Computers can be reserved. Otherwise it is first come, first served. A patron can also bring his/her own laptop or device and use our free wireless internet access.
WiFi (Wireless Internet Access)
The library provides free wireless Internet access. Patrons using the library’s WiFi must comply with the library’s Computer Use & Internet/Wireless Policy.
Who can borrow a library laptop?
Patrons ages 16 and up with a RCLS member library card in good standing (no fines or overdues)*.
You must have your library card or photo ID in hand to borrow a laptop.
Why do I have to leave my ID when I borrow a laptop?
The library needs to protect the community’s investment and make every effort to ensure that the laptops will not be taken from the building. Holding the patron’s photo ID is our best effort at doing that. The photo ID will be kept locked up while the laptop is being used.
Can I print from the laptop?
Yes. You may put money on your Envisonware account before printing or ask for your print job to be released by library staff. Printing can also be sent through our mobile print service. All print jobs are sent to the public copier.
For how long may I borrow the laptop?
Just as with the public computers, a laptop can be borrowed for up to one 60-minute session per day and two additional 30-minute sessions. If others are waiting, you may be limited to fewer sessions at a time. (If the laptops are needed for library-offered computer classes, they may not be available for the full amount of time.) Time limits for laptops & PCs are cumulative. Laptops need to be returned by 30 minutes before closing time.
Can I save my documents?
As with the public computers, you may save your work to a flash drive. Flash drives are available to purchase at the Circulation Desk, or you may bring in your own flash drive.
Can I retrieve my documents once I have logged off Envisionware?
No. Once you have logged off (or are logged off by) Envisonware, your work is wiped from the hard drive.
Can the laptop leave the building?
No. The laptop cannot leave the main part of the building. It cannot be brought into the lobby or the restroom. If you need to use the restroom, take a cell phone call in the lobby, or leave the building for any reason, you should save your work to a flash drive and leave the laptop with the Circulation Staff to hold behind the desk until you have returned.
Can I sign out a laptop for another person to use?
No. In an effort to protect the community’s investment in our Laptop Program, you may only sign out a laptop for your own use. Exceptions will be made for a person using a laptop with another person, or a parent signing out a laptop for a minor child.
Parents signing out a laptop for a minor child must remain with the child while the laptop is in use. This does not apply for a 16/17 year old who has signed out a laptop in his/her own name.
Laptop borrowers are expected to follow all other Library policies.
The library has a number of iPad Minis are available for use in the library that are pre-loaded with games and activity apps for pre-schoolers, school-age children, and teens. Ask at one of our service desks to use an iPad.
Imagine being able to print any document from anywhere you are to anywhere you desire. PrinterOn Mobile Printing enables you to send and print documents from any smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer. The library is now a destination for printing. Print emails, attachments, photos, boarding passes, web pages and more from both wireless and wired connections.
Use while traveling, from your home or car or even in the library building!
- Your print job will remain in the print queue until the close of business that day.
- Once sent, please call the library (845-534-8282) to be sure we have received it. It can take up to 10 minutes for a print job to arrive to our print queue.
- Come to a library service desk to retrieve and pay for it – the library does not print items and hold them.
- Mobile printing costs are the same as from our public computers: $0.15 for black & white and $0.35 for color. If you already have a pay print account, you can use your account to pay (inform the library staff who are releasing the job for you).
- Please limit your mobile print to 5 items or 50 pages per day
PLEASE NOTE: On occasion, Printeron will fail to send a remote print job. Please make a note of your print confirmation # in case of technical difficulties.
Using a computer or laptop:
- Please go to Printeron on Mobile Print Service
- Follow the instructions to upload your document (your email must be provided to identify your print job)
Alternately, email the document to one of these addresses:
- For black & white documents: email@example.com
- For color documents: firstname.lastname@example.org
From a smartphone or tablet:
- Download the app onto your smartphone or tablet
- Apple devices, download the iOS app from the App Store
- Android devices, download the Android app from Google Play
- Open the app and tap on “No printer selected”
- Tap the search box at the top of the screen and type in “Cornwall” or “12518”
- Select RCLS Cornwall Public Library (note that there is one for black & white and one for color)
- Tap documents, photos or web, depending on what you wish to print.
- Tap on the printer icon at the top right of screen
- Tap print