PO Box 396
Cornwall, NY 12518
Jane Harkinson, President
• promote public awareness of Cornwall Public Library and its services
• raises funds for library initiatives
• contribute to the cultural enrichment of the local community
The Friends’ fundraising takes place through receipt of annual membership dues and sales in their Used Bookstore that is located in the Library’s lobby. The bookstore is staffed by volunteers six days a week. Its hours are:
Monday: 3:00 – 6:00pm
Tuesday: 3:00 – 4:30pm
Wednesday: 10:30 am – 12:30 pm & 3:00 – 6:00pm
Thursday: 3:00 – 4:30 pm
Friday: 3:00 – 4:30 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
The Friends Bookstore provides the community with a great way to recycle and to support the Library. They gratefully accept donations (PLEASE SEE OUR DONATION POLICY BELOW).
The Friends also have an array of unique items suitable for gift giving — books on local history, two of which the Friends published: Cornwall, Images of the Past by Janet Dempsey, Colette Fulton and James O’Neill; and Cornwall Revisited by Janet Dempsey. The organization has also published historic note cards and postcards.
New Friends are always welcome! Annual Membership is $15.00 for an individual and $25.00 for a family. To join and/or to contribute, please stop by the library and ask for a Friends Membership envelope.
For more information about the Friends, please visit the Bookstore, stop in the Library and speak with Mary Lou Carolan, Library Director, or call her at (845) 534-8282, ext. 201. You can e-mail the Friends directly at email@example.com.
BOOKSTORE DONATIONS POLICY
- Adult & Children’s books, CDs, DVDs & Audiobooks that are clean and in GOOD condition — no dirt, dust, mildew.
- Fiction published within the past 5 years.
- Non-fiction books (History, Travel, Biographies, etc.)
- No more than 2 boxes/bags of items per patron.
We don’t accept:
magazines, encyclopedias, textbooks, condensed books, professional journals, records, VHS, cassettes.
We reserve the right to turn down donations that do not meet the above requirements. Please do not leave donations outside the building when the library is closed.