Enter up to two of your original poems.
Our judges will select a Top Poem in different age groups, and a Best Overall Poem from all entries.
Deadline for entries: Wednesday, April 12 at 8:00pm.
Awards Ceremony on Sunday, April 30 at 1:30 PM — ALL ARE INVITED!
2023 POETRY COMPETITION RULES
1. Entrants must be 5-18 years old.
2. Authors may submit no more than two (2) poems, one poem per page. If more than two are submitted, the library will select two at random and as anonymously/fairly as possible to submit to the judges for consideration.
3. Hard copy entries must be typed. Handwritten entries will not be accepted.
4. For hard copies submitted, the front of the page is just for the poem; the back of each page (or on a separate page if sending a digital copy) must have the following information:
5. Entries submitted in a foreign language must include an English translation. Poems in a foreign language without a translation will be disqualified.
6. Please do not include illustrations with your poem. Pictures are not considered and make it difficult to ensure anonymity and fair judging.
7. Poems must be original work and may not be submitted without the poet’s knowledge and consent. They may not be copied from any source. Poems found to be copied or plagiarized will be disqualified, along with any additional work submitted by that poet.
8. Poems will be judged in the following age categories, according to the age of the poet at the time their poem is submitted: Ages 5-6 ~ Ages 7-9 ~ Ages 10-12 ~ Ages 13-15 ~ Ages 16-18.
9. Entries will be accepted through Wednesday, April 12. Late entries are not eligible and will not be held over to the following year.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail to: Cornwall Public Library
Attn: Poetry Competition
395 Hudson Street
Cornwall, NY 12518
Or drop off at the Library.
Sponsored by the Friends of Cornwall Library