Looking for a break from the daily barrage of news and statistics? Or, just need something new to watch or listen to? If you’ve finished your favorite Netflix show or podcast, check out this page periodically. We will be adding links for various online cultural or literary streaming options and more. If you find one that you think would be great to share here, please email the link to: email@example.com.
Tumble Book Library – K-6 Children’s eBooks [Username: tumble735/Password: books
TumbleMath.com – K-6 Math ebook database [Username: tumble2020/Password: Password: A3b5c6]
Teen Book Cloud – Grades 7-12 eBook database [Username: tumble2020/Password: Password: A3b5c6]
myON by Renaissance – Early to middle grade resources [Click the login button at the top of the screen; School name: New York Reads; Username: read; Password: books
Listen to celebrities read kid’s books via youtube’s StorylineOnline, presented by the SAG-AFTRA Foundation.
NYS Library’s Day By Day Family Literacy Site
The Metropolitan Opera will stream encore presentations from the award-winning Live in HD series each night while the Opera house is closed. All “Nightly Met Opera Streams” will begin at 7:30pm EDT and will remain available via their homepage for 20 hours. The homepage link will open the performance on the Met Opera on Demand streaming service. The performance will also be viewable on all Met Opera on Demand apps.
Many audio recordings of concerts by the New York Philharmonic are available on the Philharmonic’s website
The 92nd Street Y’s streaming archives have recordings of classical concerts, and their March live streams
Yo-Yo Ma’s Silkroad organization is offering a virtual concert series
Lincoln Center has started “Lincoln Center at Home,” an online portal with concert recordings and family programming
Theater fans in the US can now enjoy a wide selection of FREE musicals and plays as PBS unlocks past episodes of ‘Great Performances’ and ‘Live from Lincoln Center’ for unlimited streaming. PBS plans to add more selections throughout the month of April. The productions will remain free until May 27th, 2020.
Watch the good folks at The Show Must Go On perform Two Gentleman of Verona
Broadway may be dark, but you can still see some stars shine in Living Room Concerts!
Geffen Playhouse is posting original content to its website as long as their doors are closed.
Watch Patrick Stewart read Shakespeare sonnets on his Twitter feed.
Sirius XM host Seth Rudetsky and James Wesley are producing a daily online show called “Stars in the House.”
Irish Repertory Theatre is releaseing videos of its actors’ performances.
50 Experiments for 50 Days with Steve Spangler’s Science Team – Steve Spangler is a best-selling author, educator and Emmy award-winning television host who finds the most creative ways to make science fun.
COVID-19 Modelling Resources, Data and Challenges: RPI’s IDEA has gathered visualizations, modelling, datasets and more on tracking the COVID-19 Pandemic. Up-to-date resources available for those who want a deeper dive into the numbers.
For Harry Potter fans large and small, check out Harry Potter: A History of Magic, an amazing collaboration between the British Library and Google Arts & Culture.
The Whitney Museum of American Art’s online collection has more than 25,000 artworks from the past century. You can also explore one of its current exhibitions, “Vida Americana: Mexican Muralists Remake American Art, 1925-1945,” through images of its galleries, an audio guide and related videos.
The National Gallery of Art has a variety of content to choose from: Scroll through highlights from the permanent collection, watch lectures or download the NGAkids Art Zone app for interactive activities for your little ones.
Virtual Museum Tours, courtesy of Southern Living.
- Anthony Wayne Recreation Area is now an active mobile drive through facility for COVID-19 testing. You must have an appointment; please contact your doctor or the State health department with questions at 1-888-364-3065. Hours, starting March 19, for this site are 7 AM – 7 PM.
- Traffic notice: Exit 17 of the Palisades Parkway may have limited access over the next weeks, due to these health operations.
- Harriman and Bear Mountain State Park trails and fields remain open and accessible, and we encourage you to take advantage of these natural spaces, using access points throughout the system, with the exception of Exit 17.
- Continue to practice adequate social distancing, even on the trail, as outlined by the CDC.
- Please observe safety in your nature use – for your benefit and the benefit of our parks. Please stay on trails.
- Please continue to be respectful of our natural places. We encourage you to use the restroom before you leave home. While some facilities are currently open, this may change as we continue to follow guidance from NY and NJ State Officials.
- Be prepared to bring your own hand-sanitizing measures.
- Please help our limited park teams ensure our open facilities and natural areas remain clean. Please carry-in/carry-out all trash and belongings.
Tech-Talk: for professionals to brush-up on their tech and communication skills [User: free-learning/password: free-learning]
Play open source board games
Audible Stories – Free stories for all ages (no login or password required)
Audiobook Cloud.com – alternative free resource to Overdrive/Libby [Username: tumble2020/Password: Password: A3b5c6]