The library is the place to go for reliable voter information resources.
Cornwall Districts & Polling Locations
Local Voter Information
2022 Voting Updates
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote.
- Reside at your present address at least 30 days before an election.
- Not be in prison for a felony conviction.
- Not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court.
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
Download a Voter Registration Form that you can print, fill out and return to your County Board of Elections. Registration forms must be postmarked no later than October 14, 2022 and received by a Board of Elections no later than October 19, 2022 to be eligible to vote in the General Election.
General Election Day:
Election Day voting will take place on Tuesday, November 8, from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM. In-person voting on Election Day will proceed as normal, and you may vote at your designated polling location. Click here to find voter registration & polling location information.
In-person early voting will take place October 29 – November 6. Click on the links below to see the locations for each county:
Note: in all three counties, registered voters may access any early voting center.
Absentee Ballot Qualifications:
- You will be absent from your county of residence on Election Day.
- You are unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability (temporary illness includes being unable to appear due to risk of contracting or spreading a communicable disease like COVID-19).
- You are unable to appear at the polls because you are the primary caregiver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
- You are a resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
- You are detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.
Applying for an Absentee Ballot:
- You can request an absentee ballot application online through the NYS Board of Elections’ Absentee Ballot Application Portal by clicking HERE.
- You can also print out the application from the link HERE, fill it out at home, and mail it to your county Board of Elections office. The deadline for Absentee Ballot applications by mail, email or fax is October 24, 2022.
A digital encyclopedia of American politics, and a premier resource for unbiased, neutral information on elections, politics and policy, providing curated content on all levels of U.S. politics. Click the link for more info: Ballotpedia
Whose running in your local election? Where do they stand on certain issues? Vote411 allows you to take a look at what your ballot will look like on election day. Click the link to find out. Vote411
Rock the Vote is the largest nonpartisan, non-profit organization in the United States driving young people to the polls. To learn more about Rock the Vote or to pledge to Rock the Vote click here: Rock the Vote
Learn more about how the government works with games!